[yapc] The Perl Foundation Party at YAPC::NA

YAPC::NA Director admin at yapcna.org
Thu May 31 13:00:03 PDT 2012

You may or may not have heard that The_Perl_Foundation is throwing a private
party after the banquet at YAPC::NA_2012.
Weve shut down a local party spot for the night so that we can turn it into
geek-space. Though its usually a hot college night club, on this one night
only its going to feel more like a private Perl-only pub. Heres what were
doing to ensure a great party:
    * It wont be open to the public.
    * The bartenders are currently hard at work designing a custom Perl-themed
      drink menu, but there will of course be plenty of Guinness and other
      other brews if you dont like cocktails.
    * Weve hired a DJ who is putting together a custom music program just for
      us. If youve got genre suggestions, please reply here and let us know.
      Well have him work it in to the program. The current plan is to start
      out with some classic rock and then migrate wherever the mood of the
      crowd takes us.
    * If you bring a DVD or USB stick with photos from past Perl events (or
      even YAPC::NA 2012 so far), well get those displayed on the huge
      projection screens.
    * A private donor has sponsored $2,500 worth of free alcohol and paid the
      bar so we can shut it down to the public for the night.
    * Well have an open mic for announcements, toasts, roasts, etc.
The point is that this party is about having a good time, and providing even
more opportunities to socialize with fellow geeks. It may not be for everybody,
but we hope that even the most shy amongst us will come out, enjoy a few
cocktails and some music.
[From the YAPC::NA_Blog.]