[yapc] Music at TPF Afterparty

JT Smith admin at yapcna.org
Mon May 28 11:22:20 PDT 2012

> Has anybody been there while a night is actually running?

Yes, I have.

> The key thing about places with dance floors is that they often pipe the
> music through the rest of the venue loud enough that it's not really possible
> to have a conversation involving more than two (or at best three) people.

That would be the normal mode of this place, however, we've shut the place down for the night just for this party, and they've already agreed to keep the music more quiet so that reasonable conversation is not only possible, but easy.  Since it's our own private venue for the night, if the music does become too loud at any point, you can simply go up and ask the DJ to quiet it down a bit.

> If I can sit around a table with four or five people and have a conversation
> without the volume of the music impinging on our ability to do so, I don't
> particularly mind what sort of music it is. If I can't, then even if it's
> my favourite music in the world I'd rather be somewhere else since I don't
> tend to be on the dance floor the -entire- night.

Yup. That shouldn't be a problem at all.