[yapc] Transforming URLs into rich content with Plack, AnyEvent, and Javascript

YAPC::NA Director admin at yapcna.org
Sat Mar 17 01:00:03 PDT 2012

Lee Aylward will be giving a talk at YAPC::NA_2012 described as:
     After investigating oEmbed, I came to the conclusion that oEmbed is a
     great idea, but difficult to use in practice. oEmbed providers are
     inconsistent and unreliable. So I built Noembed, a consistent oEmbed
     gateway to a large list of sites (many that don’t even support
     oEmbed themselves.)
     Noembed was built using a mix of Plack and AnyEvent. It is used by us
     at Ars Technica, and will soon be used by a fairly popular Twitter
     client.
     I’ll give a quick overview of the oEmbed spec, show some of the
     Noembed internals, and then do short demo.
     Â * http://www.oembed.com/
     Â * http://noembed.com
     Â * https://github.com/leedo/noembed
[From the YAPC::NA_Blog.]