[yapc] Pre-conference dinner, Sunday June 26

James E Keenan jkeen at verizon.net
Wed Jun 15 17:09:58 PDT 2011

Normally, at this time of year, this list is ablaze with pre-YAPC
discussion, most of it focused on the question of:  What shall we do for
the Arrivals Dinner the night before the conference begins?

In past years, this dinner has been organized by the Social Czar, except
when it has not.  Searching through my memory banks, I recall:

Buffet in Boca Raton
Buffalo wings at the Anchor Bar in the eponymous city
Chinese on Spadina Ave in Toronto
Goose Island brewpub in Chicago
Barbecue in Houston
[something else] in Chicago
Ethiopian in Pittsburgh
Bar with stand-up food in Columbus

(Corrections welcome.  Did we do this prior to 2003?)

Also, in past years there has usually been an Anti-Arrivals Dinner
attended by the vegetarians, vegans, and other non-carnivorous folk.

I haven't seen any discussion of this on this list so far, and I
couldn't find anything on the wiki.  So I just created an entry on this
wiki page:
http://www.yapc2011.us/yn2011/wiki?node=PreConferenceActivities.  (If
there's a better place to conduct that discussion or do that planning,
carp.)

So, do we have suggestions of a place that could accommodate 50-100
people in Asheville at 6:00 pm on Sunday June 26.

kid51