[yapc] Explanation About YAPC::NA News Posting

David H. Adler dha at panix.com
Wed Dec 28 17:07:38 PST 2011

On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 02:00:00PM -0600, Dave Rolsky wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Dec 2011, JT Smith wrote:
>
> >Today's posting clearly ruffled a few feathers because it happens
> >to be a job posting. Maybe it's because it's a job posting for a
> >company that I own, I'm not sure. However, if I had been posting
> >to this mailing list for the last 6 months (had I known about it),
> >you would have seen job postings for Dyn, cPanel, and Best
> >Practical already. So it's not just for Plain Black. This is
> >actually a feature we're offering to all YAPC sponsors:
> >http://www.yapcna.org/sponsorship/levels-of-sponsorship
>
> Personally, I'm all for this. It's a simple way to enhance value for
> sponsors without adding a huge amount of extra work or cost for the
> conference.

I agree. Not that this should turn into a job posting list (if that's
what anyone's thinking), but I think job offers from sponsors of the
conference are quite acceptable. Also, as has been pointed out, this is
not a high traffic list.

I think, if I'm reading JT correctly, up to one job post a day on this
list is not going to be a problem.

dha

--
David H. Adler - <dha at panix.com> - http://www.panix.com/~dha/
It's like there's a party in my mouth and everyones drinking floor