[yapc] Explanation About YAPC::NA News Posting

Dave Rolsky autarch at urth.org
Wed Dec 28 12:00:00 PST 2011

On Wed, 28 Dec 2011, JT Smith wrote:

> Today's posting clearly ruffled a few feathers because it happens to be
> a job posting. Maybe it's because it's a job posting for a company that
> I own, I'm not sure. However, if I had been posting to this mailing list
> for the last 6 months (had I known about it), you would have seen job
> postings for Dyn, cPanel, and Best Practical already. So it's not just
> for Plain Black. This is actually a feature we're offering to all YAPC
> sponsors: http://www.yapcna.org/sponsorship/levels-of-sponsorship

Personally, I'm all for this. It's a simple way to enhance value for
sponsors without adding a huge amount of extra work or cost for the
conference.

And it's not like hearing about Perl jobs is a _bad_ thing for any Perl
programmers.

Keep up the good work, JT.

-dave

http://VegGuide.org               http://blog.urth.org
Your guide to all that's veg      House Absolute(ly Pointless)