[yapc] YAPC::NA::2006 wiki down?

Jim Brandt cbrandt at buffalo.edu
Mon May 21 09:54:59 PDT 2007

I'm going to encourage future YAPC's to take advantage of the generosity
of the Act! developers and use their hosting. The system is improving
all the time and it is convenient for people who attend multiple YAPCs
since their login will be used across the systems.

WRT the URLs and DNS issues, there were some good ideas posted. I'd like
to invite folks to the YAPC BOF and we'll try to come up with a sensible
plan to get this squared away:

http://conferences.mongueurs.net/yn2007/wiki?node=YAPC%20BOF

I agree that it would be nice to offer names off yapc.org rather than
having groups go get custom URLs for each conference.

WRT older conference content, my goal with old content has been to shut
down sites some time after the conference (specifically wikis) and
archive the content on yapc.org. Old YAPC::NA sites are available via
links on each subsequent year's site. Chicago was hosted a bit
different, so I'm still getting the archived content put up on yapc.org.
However, when this is complete the wiki won't be live for Chicago.

For Act-hosted conferences, I believe the content will continue to be
available after the conference.

Back to the original question, what do you need off the YAPC Chicago wiki?

Jim

--
Jim Brandt
Conferences Chair