[yapc] Elevated trains? What will they come up with next?

Clyde Forrester ccf3 at mindspring.com
Fri Jun 23 10:42:11 PDT 2006

Kent Cowgill wrote:

>HOWEVER, ask a local if a particular route is advised.  Punching in going
>from Midway to 3300 S. Federal advises to get off the orange line at
>Archer, and waiting for a bus.  I would avoid this route as it has you
>standing around with all your worldly traveling possessions in a
>not-so-nice neighborhood.

I call BS on the CTAs advice.

The GREEN line and the ORANGE line share some stations up near the loop.
I'm hazy on the specifics, but it might include ROOSEVELT. If so, take
the orange to Roosevelt, and transfer to a southbound (mumble 63rd)
green train to IIT. MUCH, much easier than "Oh, catch an obscure bus or
something".

ClydeForrester