[yapc] arrival dinner herding

Uri Guttman uri at stemsystems.com
Thu Jun 22 20:35:15 PDT 2006

  MF> A modest proposal: Since people will be left to fend for themselves on
  MF> returning, and it's a lot easier for people to retrace their steps than
  MF> learn a 2nd new way their first hours in a new city, I suggest we depart
  MF> on Sunday via the on-campus Green line stop, and transfer at Roosevelt to
  MF> the Red line the rest of the way up to Addison.

  MF> Walking to the Red line in the early sunlit evening in a big group while
  MF> sober: fine.  Walking from the Red line alone at night drunk: not
  MF> necessarily so fine.

a valid proposal but when you herd hackers, a single train vs a transfer
will be much easier and likely faster. i expect anyone who wants to use
the 2 train route back (and i will likely be one of them!) can figure it
out.

Uri Guttman  ------  uri at stemsystems.com  -------- http://www.stemsystems.com