[yapc] What is "Sanctuary"@Neo on Sunday?

Scott T. Hildreth shild at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jun 16 13:36:36 PDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-06-16 at 14:36 -0500, Joshua ben Jore wrote:
> On 6/16/06, Kent Cowgill <kent at c2group.net> wrote:
> > But the link and description of sanctuary seems like traditional DJ mixed
> > dance fare, with an emphasis on ... well, electro, retro, and industrial
>
> Ohhhh! The bad CSS caused the description to get hidden by a picture.
> I didn't think to read the HTML. I thought there was no description.
> Dang. Now I've made a fool of myself.
>
> > What kind of dancing are you looking for?
>
> Well... if Electro-Morris dancing were feasible (beyond existing in a
> cover on Bjork's Army of Remix) I'd definately go there.

 I haven't been to Neo in years, but I'm sure you will get Cabaret
Voltaire, Front 242, ...etc type music.

You can check out the "Exit" - The original was my favorite bar, haven't
been to the new one.
    ...okay, scratch the Exit looks like Sundays are metal night,
    (unless your into metal.)

    http://www.exitchicago.com/

  ..Back in the day :-), Sundays were Doomsday, you brought your skull mug with you for
  cheaper beer.

You can check out the Crowbar, I never been there.  This was opened
by one of the owners of the Original Exit.

  http://www.crowbar.com

This is a cool neighborhood bar, the guitar player from "No Empathy"
owns it.  It is all 80's retro (punk-new wave).  There are pictures from
shows, bands, t-shirts, toys, ...etc.

http://centerstage.net/dance/clubs/club-foot.html