[yapc] The campus vacinity ?

Greco, David DavidGreco at CABLERATINGS.COM
Fri May 30 12:39:22 CDT 2003

Indeed there is. It is about 10 minute walk (west on Glades road, past a
sewage treatment plant) from campus. It is a great supermarket where
everything is either high-quality or organic, though a little more expensive
than most normal supermarkets. There is also a chinese resteraunt in that
same plaza called PE Chang's that I highly recommend. There is also a decent
american-style resteraunt called J Alexanders and a French bistro-type place
in that same plaza.

> > What sort of restaurants are the within walking distance?
> > I'm interested in something better than a burger.
>
> I'd love to know specifically about vegan-friendly
> restaurants in the area.  Basically, this means
> non-American/Western European food, so East and Southeast
> Asian, Indian, African, Middle Eastern, and Mediterranean
> restaurants would be of interest to me.
>
> I'll be doing my own research online as well so if someone
> knows of something like CitySearch for Boca Raton, I'd love
> to know about it.

There is a great Indian resteraunt to the east of the FAU campus. Its name
escapes me but it is located on the west side of 2nd Ave between Glades Road
and 20th Street. On the corner of 20th Street and 2nd Ave is Jerry's Pizza.
Also in that area is Tom Sawyers which serves outstanding breakfast. This
are is also within walking distance (maybe 10 minute walk).

~Dave Greco