[yapc] Wireless access at DoubleTree

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Thu Jun 12 15:06:42 CDT 2003

>>>>> "Indy" == Indy Singh <indy at indigostar.com> writes:

Indy> I know there will be wireless internet access at FAU, I would
Indy> also like to use wireless internet at the DoubleTree hotel,
Indy> however at $10 per day the cost is a bit prohibitive.  Even to
Indy> dial out to a local ISP is 75 cents per call.  Anyone else think
Indy> this is a bit expensive?  Has anyone figured out other cheaper
Indy> alternatives?

These are both very normal charges for your typical mid-range hotel.

Indy> I wonder if the hotel would give us a break on the rate
Indy> sinceYAPC is booking so many rooms.

Fat chance.  Both the phone and the internet are contracted services,
without a lot of margin.