[yapc] miami cuban food

Gordon Pedersen gordon at visi.com
Tue Jun 3 11:59:39 CDT 2003

On Tue, Jun 03, 2003 at 09:58:52AM -0400, Kevin Meltzer wrote:
> Go to South Beach, walk up Collins Ave. and that area. Plenty of
> places to eat, drink, etc... Right next to the beach, and if it is a
> warm day, there will be much viewing pleasure. South Beach is a real
> hot spot for Miami. Personally, I wouldn't go "walking around"
> Hialeah, but South Beach is cool.

Thanks for the suggestion.  Hialeah still sounds more interesting, so I
I'm soliciting second opinions on just how dangerous it is on a Sunday
afternoon.  My personl danger line gets triggered in daylight, for
example, in the south side of Chicago, and no doubt parts of any big
eastern city.  If Hialeah is like that, I sure don't want to go there
alone.  But OTOH if it's more poor than dangerous, I'm not so scared.

Gordon
-
Gordon Pedersen       gordon at visi.com