[Yapc-na-organizers] Corporate Pricing

Robert Blackwell robert at robertblackwell.com
Fri Jun 27 19:20:08 PDT 2008

On Jun 26, 2008, at 11:26 PM, Joshua McAdams wrote:

> Please, please do a corporate rate.  Around $1100 to $1500 should be a
> sweet spot.  The problem is that a lot of the larger corporations,
> especially financial institutions, will approve a $1500 expense
> because that is a standard training cost, but a $100 expense isn't
> standard and is hard to explain.  If you want to make it easier on the
> many (remember Richard's visit to the Money conference) financial Perl
> users, this is a good way to be accommodating.
>
> All that you need for a corporate package is to have a special
> networking session where all of the corporate attendees and some
> members of TPF get together for a few hours.  This would fit nicely
> into the typically open Monday night spot.  It's not fraudulent....
> companies pay tons for special access and professional networking.
> This is just facilitating that networking.  Other conferences do this
> all of the time, we just haven't ever taken advantage of it. I was
> actually told this again when I visited NY.pm tonight.  Go for it :)

I really like the idea of offering a networking opportunity with the
corporate rate.  Can someone from TPF explain what that expectation
would be?  When would we know who would be there?  What are the
details in having TPF be at a networking event?

As a YAPC::NA 09 organizer I can say we can find a place for a dinner
on Monday night if that is what you want to do.

Thanks
Robert