[Yapc-na-organizers] yapc organizers wiki updated

Jim Brandt cbrandt at buffalo.edu
Mon Mar 19 05:56:27 PDT 2007

Joshua McAdams wrote:
>> In the $99 for 3 nights figure, is there a "markup"?  I mean, are you buying
>> it for $90 (e.g.) for 3 nights?  I ask because this might not be a bad
>> thing, with the markup to try to mitigate expenses for people for whom
>> collection of the $99 becomes difficult.  ( I.e. we get stiffed.)
>
> We didn't mark-up for YAPC Chicago, but in retrospect, we should have.
>  Even a couple of dollars a night would have offset any losses from
> the room shuffling we had to do last-minute.  Good call on this on
> Richard.

I'd be careful going down this road too far (adding additional fees to
things) without some discussion. This would be a change in the way
things have always been done for YAPC, so we'd want to make sure folks
were aware of it.

I'm not saying it's bad, but if we were to change the implied policy, we
should announce it and say why.