[Yapc-na-organizers] Getting volunteers started

Jeremy Fluhmann jeremy at msc.tamu.edu
Fri Sep 8 01:44:44 PDT 2006

> How should we get volunteers started?
> Do we want to point people to this list and do all of the organizing here?

I was going to ask the same thing about whether or not we should post the link to join to the pm list.

> I'm not sure I want to publish this list info on the main list for fear of
> swamping it with SPAM or opinions of people who don't plan to help.
> (houston at pm.org is a mostly open list and can be read by non-members through
> services like gmane.com.)

I believe Jim mentioned to me that this list is publicly viewable as well.  Maybe we can actually add the link to join to the 'Volunteers' section of the wiki: http://yapchouston.org/wiki/wiki.cgi/Volunteers.  Then, send out a message to the lists directing those interested in volunteering to the Volunteers page of the wiki (again ;-) ).  Alternatively, we could just tell people to add their contact info to the wiki and let them know that we'll send them the link directly.  I'll send an e-mail to John Lightsey (from the Volunteers page) about the link.

Worst case, we can probably modify permissions on the list to be more strict.

Jeremy