[Yapc-na-organizers] Potential organizing structure

G. Wade Johnson gwadej at anomaly.org
Tue Sep 5 20:00:53 PDT 2006

For around 13 years, my wife has been part of a conference for middle school
girls here in Houston called "Expanding Your Horizons".

Last year she was the chairperson, so I asked her for some information on how
that conference was organized. I doubt we'll be able to use exactly their
structure, but this might gve us some ideas on where we will need help.

They organized a set of committees to cover the major pieces of work on the
conference. Here's a list of the committees that they used.

* Finance
  - Might include our sponsorship search.

* Brochure

* Facilities
  - Big committee, included venue, food, signs, A/V, etc.

* Materials
  - Goodies and bags

* Programming
  - Handled speakers and such

* Registration

* External Relations/Communications

We might want to organize a bit differently, but we probably need to cover a
similar range of issues.

G. Wade
--
"any technology sufficiently advanced is indistinguishable from a Perl
script."                                -- Programming Perl, 2nd ed.