[Wellington-pm] Meeting tomorrow evening
grant at mclean.net.nz
Sun Aug 13 16:14:58 PDT 2017
This month's meeting of Wellington Perl Mongers is on tomorrow evening -
Tuesday the 15th.
Nobody has stepped up to do a talk so I'm hoping to encourage a little
bit more engagement with this idea:
Briefly tell us about a script you've written and use regularly.
Things you might talk about:
* What problem it solves - how it makes your life better
* An interesting feature of the code
* Ideas you have for making it better
* What made it super easy (e.g.: a CPAN module, a feature of
* Did you write your script in Perl - why/why not?
I think if we can get a few people to talk about one or two of their
scripts it will make for an interesting session.
If you can't immediately think of a candidate script then here are some
places to look to jog your memory:
* your $HOME/bin directory
* your cgi-bin directory
* scripts called from cron jobs
* scripts called from your editor
* scripts attached to a hot key
* Nagios checks
See you tomorrow evening - with your script :-)
On Mon, 2017-08-07 at 09:24 +1200, Grant McLean wrote:
> Hi Mongers
> The August meeting of Wellington Perl Mongers is on next Tuesday (the
> As yet, we don't have anyone lined up to speak so I'm very keen to hear
> from anyone who would like to do a talk or suggest a topic.
> Wellington-pm mailing list
> Wellington-pm at pm.org
More information about the Wellington-pm