[Vlaanderen] WMI

Jonathan Schollen jonathan_schollen at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 6 00:06:55 PDT 2006

Hi all,

Want to be the first one to post a question to the mailing list this year
;-)

It's about WMI (Windows Management Intrumentation).
I'm trying to find all device instances, when I know the device ID. (The
device has different branches in  windows device manager, and some crucial
interfaces are behind a product specific bus driver).

The code for this looks like:
my $wmiService =
Win32::OLE->GetObject("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonate,AuthenticationLevel=default,(security)}//");

my $colDisks2 = $wmiService->ExecQuery("ASSOCIATORS OF
{CIM_LogicalDevice.DeviceID='USB\\VID_0AF0&PID_6600'}");

Unfortunaltely I'm getting a "Win32::OLE=HASH(0x1f458dc)" as a result (in
$colDisks2).
This reference contains 2 elements: "Count" and "Security_". In which
"Count" is empty and "Security_" contains my security settings.
I was hoping to get the device instances of the device.

Can someone help me by telling me what I'm doing wrong?

Thx,

Jonathan