[Vienna-pm] yapc::eu 2013

Maros Kollar maros at k-1.com
Tue Jun 12 07:34:31 PDT 2012

I'm in favour of organizing a YAPC in Vienna or Bratislava - but in
2014. That's because I doubt that we will find a decent (big enough and
cheap enough) venue within the next couple of weeks. Without a free (or
at least well priced) venue it's going to be a lot harder to break even
or make a profit (we do want to embark on a Mediterranean cruise after
the YAPC like we did last time - right ? :-)

One last word regarding the scepticism towards Bratislava: Afaik the
YAPC-NA 2011 and YAPC-EU 2011 teams did not have a single member from
Madison or Riga respectively. So it seems to be quite possible to
organize a YAPC from distance. And after all Bratislava is just 60km/1h
away.

Cheers
Maroš