[VPM] spliting lines using unpack

Jer A jeremygwa at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 26 22:38:54 PST 2006

I hear rumors that unpack is faster than split.

suppose I have a very large string, (very very large) that contains "\r\n"'s
eg- lines

what code do i need to split lines into an array using unpack.

thanks in advance for your help.

-Jer A.

Enter the "Telus Mobility Xbox a Day" contest for your chance to WIN!  Telus
Mobility is giving away an Microsoft Xbox® 360 every day from November 20 to
December 31, 2006! Just download Windows Live (MSN) Messenger to your
IM-capable TELUS mobile phone, and you could be a winner!
http://www.telusmobility.com/msnxbox/