[VPM] simple thread pool creation was : perl 5.8 threads and Thread::Pool

Jer A jeremygwa at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 9 15:50:43 PST 2006

Hi all,

Activestate only support v.0.1 of Thread-Pool, while the current module,
0.32 is not supported.

The one provided in the activeperl repository (0.1) does not support perl
5.8 threads.

How can I implement simple thread-pooling using perl 5.8 threads?
I would need some way of injecting code into the loaded threads, have the
ability to reuse threads, and keep track of thread slots available.

A simple example would be great. I am not an expert when it comes to
threads, just so you are aware.

thanks,

-Jer A