[Van-pm] Wednesday August 12 Meeting 6:30 @ Gossamer Threads (+ beer!)

Christie Wilson christie.a.wilson at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 15:46:02 PDT 2009

Hello everyone!

Our next meeting is Wednesday August 12th, 6:30 at Gossamer Threads.

And we've got beer! If you can - and plan to have beer, please bring a
donation to the beer fund.

SPEAKERS

We have the following talks lined up:

Chris Simmons - Lightning talk on the Kanban system he's been using
Luke Closs - VanTrash
Phil Whelan - "Hadoop + EC2 + Perl - MapReduce using Perl in the Cloud" or
something Lucene Search API related
Christie Wilson - Profiling with Perl & NYTProf

BEER

Phil is reserving & picking up a keg for our meeting. If anyone can donate
toward the beer fund, that would really help out!

LOCATION

Gossamer Threads is being kind enough to host us again!

Gossamer Threads is located on the west side of Granville St close to the
intersection with West Pender St on the 5th Floor of 455 Granville St.
(Google map: http://xrl.us/bekhbb).

See you there!
- Christie Wilson