[Van-pm] Local ppm repository

Philippe M. Chiasson gozer at activestate.com
Wed Sep 12 18:01:31 PDT 2007

Joseph Werner wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I know we have active state listening in up here...

Not at all ;-)

> I'm a UNIX perl developer that has had Win32 thrust upon me. Anyhow,
> the shop I'm working for develops from behind a mostly closed network
> and the question of a local PMM repository pops up from time to time.
>
> I've done some searching and the answer _I_ like best to date is to
> purchase an AS DVD for each platform and use this a local repository
> and augment where needed.
>
> I'm asking the opinion of the group: is this the path or is there a better way?

Why not run an internal http mirror of ppm.as.com ?

You can easily keep up to date via rsync at:

rsync://ppm.activestate.com/PPM/

Make it accessible over http and point all your ppm clients over to it.

That's what I would do.

Philippe M. Chiasson          gozer at ActiveState.com GPG KeyID : 88C3A5A5
http://xrl.us/activegozer        F9BF E0C2 480E 7680 1AE5 3631 CB32 A107