More decisions to make -> A LIST!

Chris Benson chrisb at jesmond.demon.co.uk
Wed Feb 7 14:38:40 CST 2001

On Wed, Feb 07, 2001 at 05:11:45PM +0000, Nicholas Clark wrote:
> I hereby declare this list open (having gratuitously subscribed you both
> to it from the admin system)

Excellent!

> On Tue, Feb 06, 2001 at 10:06:11PM +0000, Chris Benson wrote:
>
> > "We are a Perl users from disparate backgrounds who want:-
> > * a social event with other technical people
> > * to develop a local group that can support each other in technical and
> > other areas
> > * improve our use/understanding/... of Perl
> > * to promote Perl as a good platform ... for application development and
> > convenient utilities
> > *
> > * to have fun
>
> That seems a pretty good summary

Anyone want to add anything: we need something to be sent to new joiners
the message currently reads:
 Here's the general information for the list you've subscribed to,
 in case you don't already have it:
				<nothing/>
:-(

Shall I draft a "Mission Statement"?

> I guess we're aiming at "anyone north of Yorkshire"
> although we're not going to turn away anyone from Catterick, Coldstream or
> Carlisle

I reckon anyone prepared to get to/passing through Newcastle and anyone
who wants Yet Another Perl Mailing List!

--
Chris Benson