More decisions to make

Nicholas Clark nick at ccl4.org
Wed Feb 7 11:11:45 CST 2001

I hereby declare this list open (having gratuitously subscribed you both
to it from the admin system)

On Tue, Feb 06, 2001 at 10:06:11PM +0000, Chris Benson wrote:

> Some thoughts:-
>
> "Envious of the fun they have in London ....
>
> "Manchester may have the better footie team, but Tyneside has the best
> Perl mo[u]?ngers ....

Not really sure about that one

> "We are a Perl users from disparate backgrounds who want:-
> * a social event with other technical people
> * to develop a local group that can support each other in technical and
> other areas
> * improve our use/understanding/... of Perl
> * to promote Perl as a good platform ... for application development and
> convenient utilities
> *
> * to have fun

That seems a pretty good summary

I guess we're aiming at "anyone north of Yorkshire"
although we're not going to turn away anyone from Catterick, Coldstream or
Carlisle

Nick