[tpm] Meetings

Shawn Sorichetti ssoriche at sackheads.org
Wed Aug 23 13:46:09 PDT 2017

> On Aug 23, 2017, at 4:09 PM, Olaf Alders <olaf.alders at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Aug 23, 2017, at 9:57 AM, Alex Beamish <talexb at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Alice says the room holds 25; I said that our meetings are usually about a dozen people.
>
> That sounds perfect.
>

>> If we can come up with a date, I can start the ball rolling on getting the room.
>>
>> I didn't ask about the presentation setup, but presumably they have some sort of projector.
>>
>> So - do we have a date yet?
>
> Lightning talks would be the last Thursday in September, so how about Sept 28?

Jumping in on the date discussion…

I’d like to propose that if there isn’t a formal meeting with a scheduled talk that there be a standing social meeting at a regular location. A lot of good discussions and talk ideas come from the social aspect of a meeting, and I think would help with attendance. I don’t know the city (and don’t get there unless there is a meeting) so I can’t recommend a social location, but seeming how it looks like we have a location for formal meetings, it should be within easy walking distance.

I’d also like to thank Dave for the work he has done and Alex for finding a new location.

~Shawn
—
Shawn Sorichetti