[tpm] Hacking the MetaCPAN VM

J Z Tam jztam at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 30 16:06:48 PST 2014

Is this going to be shared via Hangout?    Running late, and wondering if I should commute downtown now.
/jordan

 Subject: [tpm] Hacking the MetaCPAN VM
 To: toronto-pm at pm.org

 Hi Everyone,

 So for tomorrow's meeting, I'll be showing you how to hack
 on MetaCPAN once you have the VM installed.  If you
 haven't got it installed and would like to have it for the
 meeting, the instructions are in these slides:

 http://www.slideshare.net/oalders/the-metacpan-vm-for-dummies-part-one-installation

 Once you have vagrant and VirtualBox installed, it's pretty
 easy.  I tested it this morning and "vagrant up" took
 me about 23 minutes on my laptop.  That includes
 downloading the VM, running puppet, installing some CPAN
 modules etc.  After that you can run "vagrant up" and
 your VM should start in a minute or so.

 So, best to try this *before* the meeting rather than
 killing the hangout bandwidth by downloading stuff.

 I'll have a short presentation, where we'll talk about how
 best to work with the VM.  Once that is finished, we
 can either break out into smaller groups and work on some
 simple bug fixes, or we can work through one as a group
 using the projector.

 Before the social part of the evening, we should make a plan
 for speakers for the next 6 months.  So, please bring
 your ideas and wish list items.

 Olaf
 --
 Olaf Alders
 olaf.alders at gmail.com

 http://www.wundercounter.com
 http://twitter.com/wundercounter

 866 503 2204 (Toll free - North America)
 416 944 8306 (direct)