[tpm] Meeting last week, task priority

Chris Jones cj at enersave.ca
Tue Mar 5 09:36:47 PST 2013

I would like to share the first task with the world.   The second one
I can't really share but for that task, I do need help to "optimize"
the CGI scripts and how to create library of functions that I copy
from one file to the others for lack of knowledge.

Would I share the dropbox with the Mongers or just with those who are
interested in assisting me?

Is Git like an SVN type version control site?

At 08:29 AM 05/03/2013, Carlo Costantini wrote:
>You are probably better off using Dropbox or Google Drive to store all
>the documents you want to share
>with people and then sharing the folder.
>
>If you are planning on sharing code you should set up a git repository
>and put that in dropbox or host on <YOUR_FAVORITE_GIT_HOSTING_SITE> as
>either a public or private repo depending on whether or not you plan
>on sharing the results with the world.
>

>On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 5:35 AM, Chris Jones <cj at enersave.ca> wrote:
> > Good morning Mongers!  Last weeks meeting left me with a list of
> priorities.
> > The first priority is to break things down into bite size pieces.  To that
> > end, I have two tasks for which I would like to enlist help.
> >
> > The first, and more important of the two is to help me create a script that
> > can read in the modelling program results file and spit out some tab
> > delineated files.  At the moment, I am only interested in two reports in
> > that file.
> >

> > The second is more onerous, provide guidance on how to start cleaning up my
> > very bad CGI scripts to pull out functions that are defined in each of the
> > script files.  I don't know how to make a library or module of functions
> > that can be called from more than one script.  A nice young man, also named
> > Chris, indicated he might have to time to provide to some guidance.
> >
> > Both of these tasks are tied to how productive my day job work becomes and
> > to that end I feel it is only fair to provide compensation for those who
> > assist.
> >
> > My question is can I attach files to email to the Perl Mongers list so you
> > can gain an appreciation of how much work is required?
> >

> > Christopher Jones, P.Eng.
> > Suite 1801, 1 Yonge Street
> > Toronto, ON M5E1W7
> > Tel. 416-203-7465