[tpm] Meeting last week, task priority

Chris Jones cj at enersave.ca
Tue Mar 5 02:35:32 PST 2013

Good morning Mongers!  Last weeks meeting left me with a list of
priorities.  The first priority is to break things down into bite
size pieces.  To that end, I have two tasks for which I would like to
enlist help.

The first, and more important of the two is to help me create a
script that can read in the modelling program results file and spit
out some tab delineated files.  At the moment, I am only interested
in two reports in that file.

The second is more onerous, provide guidance on how to start cleaning
up my very bad CGI scripts to pull out functions that are defined in
each of the script files.  I don't know how to make a library or
module of functions that can be called from more than one script.  A
nice young man, also named Chris, indicated he might have to time to
provide to some guidance.

Both of these tasks are tied to how productive my day job work
becomes and to that end I feel it is only fair to provide
compensation for those who assist.

My question is can I attach files to email to the Perl Mongers list
so you can gain an appreciation of how much work is required?

Christopher Jones, P.Eng.
Suite 1801, 1 Yonge Street
Toronto, ON M5E1W7
Tel. 416-203-7465