[tpm] Hello Perlers, The Phoebe has arrived

Shlomi Fish shlomif at shlomifish.org
Sun Feb 24 12:31:48 PST 2013

Hi Bobby,

On Sun, 24 Feb 2013 12:16:40 -0500
"J. Bobby Lopez" <jbl at jbldata.com> wrote:

> I had thoughts on naming her something 'perl' related, but had to
> compromise with my wife ;)  So starting the name with P had to suffice ;)
>
> The name 'Phoebe' has a lot of meaning to us.  For one, as you said
> Shlomi, it's the name of one of our favourite character on Friends.

I'm glad you like Friends too and that you also like the character of Phoebe.
Thanks for the other roundup of etymology. Names of people are fascinating
things, and my name (as well as my IRC derived nickname "rindolf" or "Rin" for
short) also have a complex history, etymology and philology, which are
reflected in fragments in my F.A.Q.:

http://www.shlomifish.org/meta/FAQ/

As a boy (child, teenager, etc.) I hated my name and was constantly teased for
it, but as an adult, I was able to take it to my advantage. I hope that the
young Miss Phoebe Lopez will be an awesome person during all ages, whatever her
abilities, strengths, weaknesses and trade-offs will be.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish