[tpm] Hello Perlers, The Phoebe has arrived

arocker at Vex.Net arocker at Vex.Net
Sun Feb 24 09:48:05 PST 2013

> It's actually very difficult to pick a name that will seem to work well
> in the long run.

Picking names is a tricky business. The wrong choice of name, (or even
order of initials), can condemn a child to a lifetime of derision from
peers, drill sergeants, and miscellaneous spectators. (Ask me about my
surname....)

There's nominative determinism to consider;
http://www.science-frontiers.com/sf108/sf108p14.htm If the Offens name
their daughter Sue, she's bound for a life in law.

It's also hard to know when you have it right; my parents picked my
4-letter first name because they thought it would be hard to misspell.
Wrong!