[tpm] Companies using Perl

Richard Dice rdice at pobox.com
Thu Jan 20 19:50:14 PST 2011

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 7:50 PM, Adam Prime <adam.prime at utoronto.ca> wrote:

> I had an idea to do something like this, but on a global scale.
> perl-shops.org, or something along those lines.  It'd basically be a
> wiki-esque interface that would allow people to add, vet, and who knows what
> else for companies that use perl.  The original idea was centered around
> geo-locating the offices of companies that use perl, so you could for
> example search for toronto, and get a map that actually showed you where all
> the offices in the city of companies that used perl were located.
>
> I think the idea has a lot of merit, but haven't had any tuit's to work on
> it.
>
> I mentioned it to Richard before a meeting a year or two ago.  he might
> remember.

I have a recollection.  I have a recollection of many things, some of which
actually even happened. :-)

I think it's a great idea.  I've actually been thinking about something like
this for years for the Perl community world-wide.  It just requires someone
to put in the elbow grease.  (My grease is all already allocated, sorry.)