[tpm] Why perl lost steam...

Dave Doyle dave.s.doyle at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 07:14:33 PDT 2010

While I do believe Perl has lost steam in the publics eye, I don't buy the
hype.  CPAN is growing faster and faster (it's a curve).  This year's YAPC
had about 70% of folk going to their first or second YAPC.  The ecosystem
itself is doing just fine.

That being said, I've looked and Django and Rails and they ain't my thing
(neither is Catalyst for that matter).  But there are other options like
Mojolicious and Dancer and as far as I'm concerned CGI::App still gets the
stuff done.  I think Dancer would be an excellent way for newbies to get
started in webdev in Perl.

dave.s.doyle at gmail.com