[tpm] Freshwater Perl 2011 (was: Perl Workshop)

Olaf Alders olaf at vilerichard.com
Mon Nov 1 15:54:01 PDT 2010

On 2010-11-01, at 3:33 PM, J Z Tam wrote:

> Dear mongeren,
> Where:
> I'll work forward on Venue, but I'll need to plan for a certain number of attendees.
> So, could we get some more feedback from the other cities' mongeren for a ball park headcount?

I'm not sure how we would go about this?  Maybe just look at similar workshops in other places and see what the turnout might be.  Or, just pick a venue to get a capacity and use the "if we build it, they will come" approach.  I would think that if we do a good job of getting the word out, people who are somewhat local could be convinced to come out for a day -- people who wouldn't otherwise come to a PerlMongers meeting.  Those aren't the sort of people we'd be able to get a head count from at this point.

> If not, I'll just go ahead and shoot the moon at a capacity of 100 geeks.

I would vote for this option.

> When:  this is _rather_ important, since it's tightly coupled with Where's availability.

I've posted some options on the Wiki:

http://github.com/Freshwater-Perl/Freshwater-Planning/wiki/Date

Olaf
--