[Tallahassee-pm] Back on the wagon

Phillip Tyre phillip.tyre at fcul.com
Thu May 29 12:58:03 CDT 2003

These last few weeks have seen me do some more light PHP coding, but
yesterday, I actually broke down and worked in Perl some. To be honest,
it's been a very long time since I created a program in Perl, but it
just seemed the best option. It's just a little program that opens up a
DBI connection, does some work, and then shuts down (It's going in a
cron job once tested fully), but I'm rather proud of how quickly I got
back up to speed and produced it.

I also realize that when it comes to regular expressions in Perl, I'm
still a weenie who can't make the plunge to using them comfortably.
Maybe it's just lack of experience, but I always feel like I really
don't know what I'm doing when I use them. For some reason I'm just
intimidated by regular expressions, and I dunno why.