[Tallahassee-pm] PHP authentication

Phillip Tyre phillip.tyre at fcul.com
Fri May 16 13:15:31 CDT 2003

Has anyone had any experience with a custom perl, or PHP based
authentication framework using mysql as the back end? I've done some
looking, but all the ones I've seen tend to make the same basic
assumptions. Once you authenticate the user, and set a cookie, then you
can trust all the cookies that are set for that user (admin status,
username, etc).

I'm really looking for something more secure, where the actual session
table in the database would hold the permissions, and based on a
matching session, the table would be queried to retrieve the
permissions.

Am I way off base on this?

Phillip Tyre

P.S. This message brought to you because of the heavy silence this list
has experienced since the last time I posted.