SPUG: New tsar for SPUG, and upcoming meeting(s)

Chuck Hardin chardin at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 20:42:57 PST 2020

Hi, I'm Chuck Hardin.  I used to run Thousand Oaks Perl Mongers, and have given a few talks at various PM chapters.  I've recently moved to Redmond to work for MediaAlpha, and I decided to join the local PM chapter.  I was sad when I learned of the passing of Andrew Sweger, the previous tsar.  It didn't look like anyone was volunteering to get SPUG back up and running, so I volunteered to do it.

MediaAlpha has offered its facilities to host in-person meetings, if and when those become feasible again.  Until then, we can hold virtual meetings, I imagine.  Does anyone have an opinion about the favored technology for doing that?

I'm hoping to get the inestimable Randal Schwartz to give a talk at SPUG.  He's living in the greater Seattle area lately, and I expect he has plenty to teach us.  But maybe you do as well, dear reader!  Would you like to give a talk?  Let me know about it, or tell the list if you like.

I look forward to hearing more from the members!

Best,
CCH