SPUG: JOB: Marchex Sr Software Engineer

SPUG Jobs jobs-noreply at seattleperl.org
Fri Feb 10 11:55:43 PST 2012

Marchex is looking for people who see challenges as technical
opportunities and will help design and build amazing products.  We believe
in open source and rely heavily on Perl, Ruby, Java, Asterisk, OpenSIPS,
Redis, Linux, Jenkins/Hudson and PosgreSQL.  We collaborate with other
awesome developers to write stellar software with code that makes us
proud.  We believe that smart people can solve hard problems to help us
continue our impressive growth.

Skills & Qualifications:
 - 7+ years experience in software development with diverse programming
   languages, Perl preferred
 - Experience with high-performance in-memory solutions
 - Experience with no-sql solutions on large data sets
 - Experience using relational databases; Oracle, DB2, PostgreSQL and others
 - Extensive experience with complex branching/merging strategies with source
   control systems; Git is a plus
 - Passionate about working in agile SDLCs
 - Strong understanding of OO design, algorithms, data structures, networking,
   database design & optimization
 - Proven ability to quickly learn new technologies

Preferred:
 - Experience with VoIP telephony a huge plus, especially Asterisk and OpenSIPS

Marchex is located in downtown Seattle.  This is a full-time W-2
opportunity.  Please contact rcho at marchex.com to get more information.