SPUG: YAPC in Seattle

Gabor Szabo szabgab at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 01:00:25 PDT 2010

Hi,

Jonathan Hogue asked me about the wiki, so please blame him
that I have subscribed to this list.

Let me, as a non-authority, send my response directly to the list.

AFAIK Barbie (from Birmingham.pm) is preparing a book(let)
for YAPC (or in general conference?) organizers.
He has a lot of experience in organizing events.
I think it would be worth talking to him as well.

There is also http://search.cpan.org/dist/YAPC/ that is seriously out
of date. I hope someone will have the extra tuits to do something with that.

Regarding wiki, while I am not really happy about the current version of the
official TPF wiki but if you'd like to use a wiki then I think that
would be the
best place to hold such common knowledge.
https://www.socialtext.net/perl5/index.cgi
Let me not comment about the broken down thing ;-)

BTW the idea of sending "interns" of the next YAPC to help out with the
previous one was also mentioned in Columbus, Ohio though there it was mentioned
as a requirement for the next YAPC.  In any case I think it is a great idea.

In any case good luck with the bid. I'd love to visit Seattle.

regards
   Gabor

--
Gabor Szabo