SPUG: standard way for a web app to handle incoming email?

Skylos skylos at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 16:42:28 PST 2010

You can run a polling daemon that uses Net::SMTP and Net::POP and the like
to poll the remote server and download the emails, parse them up.  Is that
what you mean?

On a unix system you can often set up a .forward file consisting of  '|
program.pl' that will cause the delivery agent to launch the program and
pipe the email message to it, but it doesn't sound ike you have the ability
to be a program on the mail server.  That being the case a remote polling is
more in order.

Skylos

--
"If only I could get rid of hunger by rubbing my belly" - Diogenes