SPUG: standard way for a web app to handle incoming email?

Brian E. Lozier brian at massassi.com
Tue Mar 2 16:48:25 PST 2010

There are dozens or more modules on CPAN that can check mail --
depends on how you want to access it, POP3 or IMAP are easiest... not
sure why you'd want to parse the files directly.  Set up a cron job on
your server to periodically check for new messages, parse them, do
whatever.  If they are submitting pictures or other attachments you
need to either get one that decodes or pair it with another module
that can decode (search Email::MIME).