SPUG: need another list moderator

Michael R. Wolf MichaelRWolf at att.net
Sat Sep 19 23:45:21 PDT 2009

On Sep 19, 2009, at 9:39 PM, Andrew Sweger wrote:

> On Sat, 19 Sep 2009, Michael R. Wolf wrote:
>> OK.  I'll bite.  Just where is the world's third largest fresh water
>> lake without computers or networks?
> The "without computer or networks" was not meant to be a qualifier for
> third-largest-fresh-water-lake. Sadly, I flunked all my English
> classes.

Sadly, English wasn't *designed* by linguists.  Its loose and flexible
"grammar rules" are descriptive rather than prescriptive.  Had it been
designed, there would be more structural underpinnings, probably
punctuation, to reduce ambiguities and increase expressiveness.

Michael R. Wolf
     All mammals learn by playing!
         MichaelRWolf at att.net