SPUG: From non-PowerPoint to PowerPoint

Allison Randal allison at perl.org
Sat Sep 20 15:58:02 PDT 2008

Ron Pero wrote:
> It's an intriguing and tempting thought -- for me. However, the
> presenters -- doctors in this case -- want to be elegant and change
> slides by clicking a remote control, rather than clicking a mouse on a
> "Next Slide" link.
> Can this be done in html/browser?

See S5:

and particularly the "introductory slide show":

Arrow keys control slide changes (many remote controls are configured to
simulate arrow keys, because many slideshow systems use them for

There are even Perl modules to generate S5 from Pod or Wiki format if
you prefer them to the HTML S5 format (which is quite ugly):