SPUG: JOB: Senior Software Engineer (Perl), NeuroVista Corporation, Seattle
jobs-noreply at seattleperl.org
Thu Mar 13 15:42:10 PDT 2008
You are unique, so are we.
What we do is singular: there is no one in our industry who is pioneering
technology for the management and treatment of epilepsy as we are.
NeuroVista Corporation is a dynamic, early-stage medical device company
dedicated to developing a life-changing seizure advisory system that could
transform the lives of thousands of people with epilepsy. We are in the
process of building a world-class team of professionals who are motivated
by this opportunity to make a significant contribution to the health and
well-being of others.
As the first and lead Sr. Software Engineer on our high performance
computing (HPC) team, you will help define, design and implement software
applications associated with our state-of-the-art computational
infrastructure and medical device products. Our HPC system is capable of
quickly performing millions of experiments on our dataset of over 40
terabytes of intracranial recordings - the world's largest.
This position requires in-depth knowledge of Perl.
- Contributing to the definition, design, test and review of software
modules and applications supporting the Company's high-performance
- Using expert-level Perl programming skills, aids in the development
and modification of our Perl-based programming application for batch
control and UI functions associated with the HPC system.
- Documenting results of your design and development activities in a
manner consistent with our project plans, policies and procedures.
- We provide you with the tools you need to get your work done as
efficiently and as effectively as possible.
- We ensure you have great health care benefits for you and your
significant others (be they spouses, mates and/or kids), so insurance
coverage is the last thing in the world you need to think about.
- We gather market data regularly to ensure you're paid fairly, and
that your benefits are pretty near comparable to those offered by
those large companies.
- We also ensure you and your family have plenty of opportunities to play
with the Vistian family - parties on the decks, parties on the beach.
- Friday morning breakfasts prepared by your team members are a staple.
- And of course, we provide you with a great work environment - we're
in the shadow of the Space Needle at beautiful Fisher Plaza (Seattle,
WA). In addition to unobstructed views of both the Olympics as well
as the Cascades from our outdoor decks, the building is complete with
a great workout facility, ample parking, easy access to bus routes,
within walking distance of many terrific restaurants as well as the
renowned Seattle Sculpture Park.
- 3+ years in-depth Perl programming skills, preferably for PC
- 3+ years experience with database and UI programming. CGI, Tk
- Expertise in some form of database programming such as MySql, Sql.
- Experience with configuration management software, build systems and
issue tracking software.
- Exposure to software development in an FDA, or other regulated,
- Small and/or early-stage company experience optimal.
- able to demonstrate a sophisticated level of engineering
understanding and you work exceptionally well with
multi-disciplinary teams including mechanical, electrical and
software engineering teams.
- cognizant of business objectives when developing product quality and
- a person who has demonstrated a proven ability to sell concepts and
build consensus among a diverse set of stakeholders.
- extremely well organized with strong analytical and problem solving
- a strong, effective communicator with great interpersonal skills.
- excited about working with a small, early-stage medical device company.
- exceptionally team focused, self-motivating and passionate for
innovation and quality.
- the type of person who consistently demonstrates the highest ethical
standards, actively promotes trust, respect and integrity in all
dealings both inside and outside your workplace.
- a small, dynamic company where everyone matters, everyone has a
voice, and everyone uses it.
- a unique mix of creativity and brains. We have a passion for finding
the right answers and a keen focus on collaboration and teamwork.
- intent upon having quite a bit of fun along the way.
If NeuroVista feels like your kind of place, we would like to get to
know you. Please send us a cover letter and your resume to
work at neurovista.com referencing Job Code 457923. And visit us virtually
at www.neurovista.com to learn more about us and details of our
comprehensive benefit package.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
More information about the spug-list