SPUG: Framework talks into video files

Michael R. Wolf MichaelRWolf at att.net
Wed Mar 12 15:00:51 PDT 2008

A long time ago, I taped 3 hours of framework talks.  I promised to get the
data back to this list.  I even got some volunteers to help.  I've got the
camera owner and her disc burner poised to go.

In the mean time, I have a few questions.

1. What format would be best after extraction from the mini-DV tapes?
  - AVI
  - MPEG2

2. How can the 3 hours be blocked into reasonable (for some to-be-determined
definition of reasonable) chunks?

3. Is any other post-processing necessary?

4. Where can the files be hosted?

5. What format is best to host?  Is that downloadable, streamable, or both?

Reply to the group if you think it's generally interesting or deserving of
an open discussion, else just to me.

Thanks,
Michael

P.S.  When I have the discs in hand, I'll make another announcement.

--
Michael R. Wolf
    All mammals learn by playing!
        MichaelRWolf at att.net