SPUG: OSCON "Locals Only" Discount

Andrew Sweger andrew at sweger.net
Thu Apr 3 12:17:55 PDT 2008

OSCON season is arriving soon.

  O'Reilly Open Source Convention
  Oregon Convention Center
  777 NE Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd.
  Portland, Oregon 97232
  July 21-25, 2008

The O'Reilly Open Source Convention (OSCON) [1] is returning to Portland,
Oregon. Early registration ends on June 2, 2008. Register now and save up
to $250. Additionally, O'Reilly is offering a special discount to local
User Group members in Oregon and Washington.

With this "locals only" discount, members get 20% off the registration
price for OSCON. Simply use the code "os08pdxug" when you register[2]. The
"locals only" discount is applied after the early registration discount
(if applicable).

There are also discounts for academic staff (25%), non-profit employees
(40%), instructor (50%), and full-time students (65%). Only one discount
may be used (not including the early registration discount). See the
registration site for details.

Andy Lester reported on Perl Buzz[3] that there will be six more Perl
sessions than last year for a total of fifteen sessions (plus five
tutorials).

[1] - http://conferences.oreilly.com/oscon/
[2] - https://en.oreilly.com/oscon2008/public/register
[3] - http://perlbuzz.com/2008/04/perl-is-back-at-oscon-2008.html

P.S. - I think I got the summary right. But please check the details at
the respective sites (and please let me know if I got something wrong).