SPUG: Turning off auto-quoting during DBI Binding.

Stephen Blum zstephenblum at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 7 20:30:35 PDT 2008

Hey SPUG Team,

How does one turn off the annoying and sometimes unneeded auto-quoting that occurs during DBI Bindings?  I have searched the net for a while now and have found little on the subject.

example:

$sql = q(thrrr_id in (?));
$sth = $dbh->prepare($sql);
$sth->execute( q(1,2,3,4,5) );

DBI executes this:           thrrr_id in ('1,2,3,4,5')
But I want to execute this:  thrrr_id in (1,2,3,4,5)

DBI adds quotes and I don't want them.  If there is no way around this I can forgo the performance/convenience of bindings.

Thank you SPUG Team!

Stephen