SPUG: spug-list Digest, Vol 35, Issue 8

jerry gay jerry.gay at gmail.com
Thu May 18 08:31:24 PDT 2006

On 5/17/06, Eric.D.Peterson at alltel.com <Eric.D.Peterson at alltel.com> wrote:
>         I was unable to make the meeting yesterday.  How was it?  Were
> there handouts?  Or some presentation that we (those that didn't attend)
> could review?

it was enlightening. murray gave us an overview of imdb from the
business perspective, then dove into a technical overview. he
described the production environment, gave statistics on load and
throughput, and introduced us to their homegrown templating language.
he described the reasons for not using prior art, and discussed the
pros and cons of the template system. also, he gave us a glimpse of
what it's like dealing with hollywood--i'll eave that bit up to your
imagination.

he did provide some handouts, but i don't know if he'll give away the
slides... murray?
~jerry