SPUG: JOB: Content Management System for Catalog

SPUG Jobs jobs-noreply at seattleperl.org
Fri Mar 10 13:45:52 PST 2006

     *  required skill-set
Intermediate to advanced level Perl programmer who is self-directed,
familiar with UNIX/Mac Jaguar Server, Apache, mod_perl, Catalyst and
Postgres. Familiarity with JSON and web apps highly preferred. Must be
able to provide accurate estimates for reaching project goals.

     * contract or permanent position
Contract

     * for contracts, expected duration and pay range
Compensation for this position can be arranged as a contract or as a
lump sum. Talk to us about the work and tell us how much you want or
how much you typically make. The duration of this contract should be
about 3 weeks to 1 month. There is a good possibility for more work in
the future for this project and others.

   * placement through recruiter, or directly with company?
Directly with company.

     * W-2 vs. 1099 status
1099 would work best, but we are open to other arrangements.

     * any restrictions on 1099 status: Corporation, etc.?
None that I am aware of.

     * physical location
Tukwila (Southcenter Mall area)

     * telecommuting possible?
We would like to meet with you face to face from time to time but it
isn't necessary to work on site all the time.

     * company's product or service
We publish Northwest Cars And Trucks Magazine, Seattle's best free used
car publication. It is essentially a catalog of used cars for car
dealerships.

Project Summary
Looking for a perl guru to help complete a browser based content
management app for a printed catalog. Most of the work has been done
but we need someone who can help us to finish it. The work left to be
done deals with data validation, Perl scripts, db tables, storing data,
data retrieval, forms, image upload, and some others. More detail will
be provided at interview.

Existing site is Catalyst with a Postgres backend on an OSX Apache
server. Portions of the project were done with JSON and DHTML but will
not be a large part of the applicant's responsibility.

Thank you,

Eric Tucker
Production Manager
White Light Publications